If you don’t know I turned twenty seven at the end of January, can someone please tell me how this happened? I feel like I’ve blinked and my twenties are almost coming to an end … slightly dramatic I know but honestly there’s something about getting past that twenty five mark that makes you shit yourself!
Anyway, what I thought would be a good idea is to write a couple of things down that if I could tell my seventeen year old self oh that decade ago, I would. I originally was going to write twenty seven things down but honestly I don’t think I’ll be able to think of that many so we’ll just see how it goes shall we?
Okay so, listen here young Carolanne, that’s right turn down your IPod Shuffle, Fall Out Boy will be there when we’re done. I’m going to tell you a few things that you may or may not like hearing but it’s for your own good, I come to you from the future, ten years to be exact … why thank you my skin does only look twenty one! Hey flattery won’t save you from what I have to say so you best listen up lassy … well I’m aloud to sound like a Nanna I’m almost thirty thank you. Right, are you ready, here we go …
1) I know you think you’ve got it all worked out and by the time you’re twenty five you’ll be married, have the big house and solid career, well sorry to burst your bubble but it ain’t gonna go down like that! But that’s okay, things happen in their own time and the right time, don’t get me wrong I still compare myself to everyone else who has what we want but we’re on our own journey.
2) You’re currently in a four year relationship with honestly the most amazing man you will ever meet, he’s literally the best person in the world and makes you laugh like no one else can … and it’s all thanks to Tinder, oh you’ll find out what it is in a few years. So when you think you’ll never find anyone (we’re always gonna be this dramatic I’m afraid) just remember you find the best one.
3) You’re really gonna have some dark times with your mental health, seriously brace yourself because it’s been a struggle but I promise you we’ll get over it, it’s gonna take some time and I ain’t gonna lie, I still find it hard sometimes but you’ve got support all around you. Don’t wait until you’re twenty five like I did, talk to someone, we’ve done therapy twice already and it really does work I swear, you don’t have to go through it alone!
4) University isn’t the be all and end all, explore other options, so right now we’re not where we want to be in our career, it sucks, it’s hard and quite frankly I’m a point in my life where I’m just lost but I have faith that it will all work out and we’ll end up where we’re supposed too! Maybe if I’d have looked into other alternatives to uni we might be somewhere else, I’m not saying don’t go, I’m just saying do some more research but if you still decide to go I promise you’ll have the most amazing time, you’ll meet wonderful people who you won’t keep in touch with but they shared that time with you and made it so special! Oh but if you don’t go to Uni make sure you find a girl called Kayleigh Carr on Facebook and introduce yourself, she becomes one of your best friends and I’m sorry but you can’t take her away from me … deal?
5) As you get older spending time with friends and family becomes so much more difficult, it’s no ones fault, adulting just gets in the way but please make sure when you can you visit with them, hang out, do things, even if it’s just an hour because they’re all not going to be around forever and its tough wishing you had that time back, believe me!
6) Stop straightening your hair man, I know you won’t believe me but we actually come to like our curly hair, we rarely straighten it anymore and it’s so much more healthier and longer, just think how nice it could have been if you’d put down the straighteners? Oh and don’t dye your hair black please … yes I know Demi Lovato makes it look good but you just end up looking like you’re sick or something, it washes you out hun.
Well little Cazz, I think I’ll leave it there for today I don’t want to overwhelm you too much but just know right now at this moment, we’re happy and healthy and that’s pretty much all that matters so get yourself in bed in your little box room, and shove on Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen!